The Franciscan monastery of St. John the Baptist

The  arhitectural  ensemble  of  the  Franciscan monastery in Konjic consists of the monastery church  dedicated  to  St.  John  Baptist,  the monastery  building,  three  outbuildings,  and movable heritage. Monastery church of St John the Baptist was built in stages: the church itself was built between 1895 and 1987, the enterior was completed in 1909, and the bell tower was built  in  1919.  The  present  day  monastery building  was  erected  in  1939/40,  and  was designated  as  a  monastery  in  1970.  The monastery museum consists of a collection of paintings, sculptures, books, church plate and vestments and an ethnological collection.