Franciscan monastery of St. Peter and Paul

In Mostar, the Ottomans helped build a Catholic church in 1866. The church was destroyed during the 1992 war and the new, larger structure was erected in 2000 on the foundations of the previous building. The Complex is also proud of its library with its prestigious 50,000 ancient volumes of both the Western and Eastern worlds, and in fact it is the largest of all the libraries with such characteristics in the whole of Herzegovina. h e building also holds an important art collection with works of Italian Masters of the 16th and 17th centuries, apart from works of more contemporary art.

  • Additional info
  • Attachments
  • Gallery

Additional Info

  • Address: Franjevačka 1
  • Place: Mostar
  • Canton: HNC
  • Telephone: +387 (0)36 319 688
  • Fax: +387 (0)36 319 688
  • Responsible person: Fra Iko Zovko
  • Description of age and style:

    Church 1866; Monastery 1890. Architectural Style: Secession

Download attachments: